Network Operation Technician
General Summary: PMT is seeking a qualified Network Operations Center Technician. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, dependable, and honest. The NOC Technician will work inside the Central Office (CO) to install/remove and maintain the complex switching and routing equipment used in voice, video, fiber optics, and data telecommunications networks. They may design voice and data systems, supervise, the installation of the systems, or provide maintenance and other services after the systems are installed. Good technical and troubleshooting skills are a must.
Essential Job Functions
• Install, maintain, test and repair complex switching, circuit, network, and data/digital equipment
• Coordinate with other departments on service installations and changes to update billing and central office records.
• Survey and analyze alarms, test lines and trunks
• Perform turn-up, acceptance, installation, and provisioning of DS1 & DS3 (or higher)
• Develop Method of Procedure (MOP) • Place, test, and splice fiber optic cable
• Maintain detailed records/logs of daily activity
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Interpret work schematics, circuit drawings and engineering specs.
• Familiar with telephone switching technologies, preferably Metaswitch
• Ability to communicate with co-workers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
• Experience with VOIP and Hosted PBX systems and architecture
• Ability to adhere to PMT standards for equipment installation and transport.
• Ability to work independently and make sound technical decisions using information on hand.
• Data systems (IP, LAN/WAN, optical, ethernet)
• DWDM timing and synchronization
• Advanced networking (VPN, ATM, SDH, MPLS, Wireless, SS7, SONET)
• Familiar with Cisco, Adtran, Adva, JDSU, AFC, Occam, Calix, and other vendors PREFERNCE GIVEN TO CANDIDATES WITH ANY/ALL OF THE FOLLOWING
• Must have a valid Driver's License with a clean driving record and be able to pass both a Background check and Drug Screen.
• Associates Degree or Trade Certification from accredited institution.
• Industry certification such as CCNA, CCENT, CCNP SP, RCCD
• Strong written and verbal skills. Bilingual abilities are a plus.
• This position will report to the PMT Rupert, Idaho office.